A recipe was the next thing on the post list from what I promised after succot, so here is my favorite recipe of the week.
We were going to make these: Healthy Sugar Cookies but we were out of almond meal. So mom ground up pecans as a substitute, and invented this brilliant little cookie.
I don’t think we’re ever using almond meal in these again. At least not on my watch.
Plus, they’re healthy! How cool is that?
Coconut sugar tastes better than brown sugar in cookies, so this healthy recipe is also a step up flavor-wise as well. 😉
Healthy Pecan Cookies
- 2 cups pecans
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350*f
- Put the pecans in your food processor and grind them as small as you possibly can.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and run the food processor again.
- Put the dough in tablespoon sized balls on the cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until toasty looking.
- Move to a wire rack to cool.
And that’s it! Hope you enjoy!
Please comment and tell me how they turn out! 🙂