And, after uncountable times of baking chocolate chip cookies, the writefury has finally streamlined the process down to under 10 minutes to getting the cookies into the oven. Because, who doesn’t want cookies faster, right?
Here are the instructions to speedy chocolate chip cookies, complete with pictures:
1 cup (two cubes) butter
1 cup white sugar
1 packed cup brown sugar
1-2 teaspoons vanilla
3 scant cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 ½ cups (around one 12 oz. package) chocolate chips
Chopped pecans (optional)
Preheat the oven to 375*F. Get out your mixer, two cookie sheets, a medium mixing bowl, a cup measure and one teaspoon.
Ready, speed bakers? On your mark… get set… GO!
1. Put butter into mixing bowl with the sugars. Start the mixer. Wait till it’s mixed just enough that it won’t splatter on high, then turn it up to high.
2. While the mixer is running, measure the flour into your medium mixing bowl, than add the soda and salt. Stir together using your teaspoon (or a fork. Okay, I cheated. But it was sitting right there….)
3. Crack your eggs into your measuring cup and add the vanilla.
4. Go back to check on your butter and sugar. It should be nicely creamed by now. Shut off the mixer and add in the eggs and vanilla. Mix until uniform.
5. Add the flour mixture. Start the mixer on slow after adding, or you’ll end up looking like the abominable snowman.
6. When the dough is mixed, add the chocolate chips (and pecans if you want them.) Mix until combined.
7. Put 12 balls of dough on one of the cookie sheets. If you finished and your oven isn’t up to heat yet, congratulations!
8. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
9. Fill the other cookie sheet while that’s baking.
10. When the cookies are out, let them cool for a few minutes, then move with a spatula to a cooling rack.
11. Fill the now empty cookie sheet while you wait for the other pan to bake.
12.Continue rotating the pans until the dough is gone, or save some of the dough for later in the fridge.
13. Pour yourself some milk.
14. Enjoy your cookies! Don’t forget to share! 😉
That’s it! Hope you enjoyed!
How did the recipe turn out?
Please comment! I’d love to hear from you!